Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Moto Monday:

I'm back folks! SXSW was as much a blast as it was stressful. And yes, I did need an entire week following it just to recover. I spent the Monday night after SX ended taking a 15 hour nap! And I was still tired the next day! Haha! Now that I am rested and back to reality, I am here with plenty of ideas for blog posts, the first of which is a Moto Monday post! One of my favorites, although it leaves me with my heart aching for a motorcycle of my own. Fingers cross that my mom can find my title for the CB that I'm pretty sure is hiding out some where in her house or garage! Anyway, since Aaron and I have moved to Austin, he has spent quite a lot of time in our studio practicing pinstriping. The art of pinstriping, like any other art form, takes hours and hours of practice and dedication. Applying a pinstipe line is tedious. the thinness/thickness of a line changes based on the amount of weight the artist applies to the brush he/she is using. Creating a curve involves a twist of the wrist that needs to be perfectly executed. Aaron and I both have a huge appreciation for pinstriping. The Lonestar Round Up is happening in a few week and I will get as many pictures of pinstriped art as I can, for reference and for inspiration (and the blog!).


                                          Source: flickr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                                 Source: flickr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: flickr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                           Source: Uploaded by user via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                                  Source: blog.threestepsahead.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: farm4.static.flickr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: flickr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                           Source: 2.bp.blogspot.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: myrideisme.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: image.streetrodderweb.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                           Source: northsidetattoos.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: rebelliontattoo.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                                           Source: image.streetchopperweb.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: 2.bp.blogspot.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: 4.bp.blogspot.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: clubchopper.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                           Source: 2.bp.blogspot.com via Samantha on Pinterest


I will be debuting my logo for my line pretty soon. Let's just say this post is a little peak at what it will look like.

No comments:

Post a Comment