Search This Blog

Monday, February 27, 2012

Helmet Art and the Bubble Visor/Shield

I've been looking into getting a visor for my helmet for a while now. Currently, I have an open face helmet, which I prefer because a full face helmet makes me feel claustrophobic. Really. However, when you ride, you're usually hit it the face with wind, bugs, water, and what ever else happens to be on the pavement or in the air. That, and wearing glasses can hurt my head after only 20 minute of ride or so and there's always the re-adjusting that goes along with it. A bit ago, Aaron showed me this bubble visor. It looks a little crazy, but I can't get enough of it's retro styling.


                                          Source: 4.bp.blogspot.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: farm2.static.flickr.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: 4.bp.blogspot.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                             Source: pipeburn.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                          Source: knstrct.com via Samantha on Pinterest
                                                           Source: loxlee-loves-engines.com via Samantha on Pinterest

I'm looking at getting a Biltwell helmet and Aaron will paint it the same color as my tank (most likely a teal color). We both love a teal and gold combination so it will probably end up looking like the last picture. Also, in my search for a new helmet/visor, I came upon this video on the Bell website. Nevermind the fact that the art show takes place in Portland (Portlandia, anyone?) but I love a custom painted helmet and I know a few people who will appreciate this video as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment